Blog #9: Updates and FAQs for Jan 2-9
I really hope everyone is doing great following the holidays. This time of year can be difficult–following the rest and the relaxation of the winter break–but I know you will all rise to the challenge and be extremely successful in your studies.
Here is what to expect:
1) You have until this Sunday, January 9th to finish all the lessons of Module 5.
2) Your next assignment/project is due on January 30th and it is a video project about your life. Here is the rubric…and I will discuss it with you all in the coming week: http://www.somersetvirtualacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Video-Diary-Project-English1.pdf
1) By this Sunday, January 9th, the pacing guide says that you should have completed assessment through about Module 4.03….many of you are still only in Module 2, so there is a lot to catch up on!
2) For the 2.08 assignment, you are supposed to add a post of your own to the Bill of Rights Discussion (in Discussion Area) about an amendment of your choice and how it related to the Hurricane Katrina disaster of 2005. You must also respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings to get full credit for the assignment.
3) For your 2.11 assignment, you will set up a meeting time with me (about 15 minutes) to discuss Module 2. It will be an oral examination on everything ranging from the leadup to the Revolutionary War to the development of the Constituion andthe Bill of Rights.
4) Any assignment with an H next to it, such as 3.03H is extra credit. You DO NOT HAVE TO DO IT and it will not count against your grade if you do not. But…if you do it well, I will give you extra credit for your efforts!
Otherwise, I will be sending you feedback on all of your assignments you submit as soon as possible…
In the meantime, and as always, please email or Skype me with any questions!